The Puritan Bennett 980 is an advanced, full-featured respiratory ventilator designed to help patients breathe safely and comfortably. Using the ventilator’s unique capabilities, clinicians can synchronize the Puritan Bennett 980 with patient needs for a comprehensive, efficient caregiving strategy.
- Versatile respiratory ventilator offers non-invasive SIMV and CPAP.
- Simple user interface with intuitive screen navigation capabilities.
- Customizable display for maximized efficiency.
- Ventilator assurance feature supports continued ventilation in the event of certain system failures.
- Integrated expiratory filtration system protects against cross contamination for both clinicians and patients.
- Clinicians can use the unit’s advanced tools to synchronize the ventilator with patient needs, offering the appropriate breathing support.
- Software enables spontaneous breathing and supports biphasic or airway pressure release ventilation.
- Proximal flow sensor to measure lower flows, pressures and tidal volumes in neonatal applications.
- Tube compensation accurately overcomes the work of breathing imposed by the artificial airway.
- Standby mode pauses ventilation and maintains settings while the patient is disconnected and auto-detects reconnection.
- Color touchscreen has large font option for enhanced visibility.
- Multiple USB ports and an HDMI output.
- Networking capabilities allow interfacing with existing EMR systems.
Predicted body weight: Pediatric: 3.5 kg to 35 kg (7.7 lb to 77 lb); Adult: 25 kg to 150 kg (55 lb to 330 lb)
Modes: Assist/Control (A/C), Synchronized Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation (SIMV), Spontaneous (SPONT), BiLevel 2.0 or Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
Software: Leak Sync, BiLevel 2.0, Proportional Assist™ Ventilation Plus (PAV™+)
Mandatory breath types: Volume Control (VC), Pressure Control (PC) or Volume Control Plus (VC+)
Spontaneous breath types: Pressure Support (PS), Volume Support (VS), Proportional Assist™ Ventilation Plus (PAV™+) and Tube Compensation
Vent type: Invasive or Noninvasive
Pressure support: 0 to 70 cmH2O